Sierra-Cedar’s strength is the combination of our comprehensive services coupled with our business flexibility. This enables our consultants to design and implement Oracle services and solutions that are meaningful to our clients, thus delivering optimal value. From concept to completion our solutions focus on helping your organization succeed.
Sierra-Cedar’s Research and Strategic Services provide the C-Suite with three major options that will guide your organization in establishing strategies for applications and technologies:
- Surveys & Market Insights
- Benchmark Comparisons
- Global & Industry Leading Practices
- C-Suite Series
- Application & Technology Roadmaps
- Systems Assessments
- Rapid Appraisal
- ROI/TCO Calculator
- Vendor Evaluation & Selections
Whether your organization is deploying Oracle Cloud Applications, E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, BI, or EPM for the first time or rolling out additional functionality, our implementation services are tailored to suit your business requirements.
Having completed hundreds of upgrades, we offer a proven approach combined with highly experienced resources for upgrades at the lowest risk. Our mature, thorough, and innovative upgrades to the latest product release allow you to take full advantage of your application investment.
Technology Integration Services (TIS) assesses, installs, implements, administers, integrates and upgrades Oracle applications, including PeopleSoft, eBusiness Suite, SOA Suite and Engineered Systems. Additionally, TIS offers adoption guidance on the technology components and underlying framework of the next-generation of applications, including SaaS, IasS, and PaaS models, as well as cloud and ground system integration.
Whether your project is in the initial planning or final stages of an implementation or upgrade, TIS can assess your current or planned infrastructure footprint to verify that the technical details of your project are in order. Senior infrastructure consultants partner with IT staff and executives onsite or remotely, gathering infrastructure parameters to determine the hardware and software compliance and compatibility of your project. Observations are made with regard to planned performance and availability, including recommendations for future projects and growth. Additional services include assistance with the hardware RFP development and procurement.
Installation and Implementation
TIS consultants have been installing Oracle software and all major pillars in unique heterogeneous environments since many products initial release. Installation services starts with an assessment of current Hardware and Software infrastructure to verify the environment is “certified” ensuring ongoing support will be provided after the installation is complete. Consultants are available to continue after the initial installation to act as the infrastructure administrator for the duration of your project, as well as a coach and mentor to your IT staff as they come up to speed on new technology.
Fortunately, upgrades do not come around too often, but when they do you want a seasoned technical upgrader by your side. Utilizing Sierra-Cedar’s Propel Methodology and/or your project plan as a guide, Sierra-Cedar can deliver customized upgrade services. TIS consultants provide technical onsite or remote support of your upgrade from start to post-production.
When engaging with Sierra-Cedar’s TIS consultants, it is clear that the success of the client is the main objective. Their focus is to make technology an enabler of success by ensuring that technology-induced obstacles do not hinder project goals. In addition, TIS consultants are dedicated to partnering with our client’s technical staff to share, explain, coach, and mentor them on technical methodologies and best-practices.
Resistance to change is normal, rational, and inevitable; significant change can create “people issues.” Whether you are upgrading your existing applications or implementing a new application, a proactive change management approach using an integrated change management plan which incorporates all aspects of an organization will facilitate an individual’s capacity for change. With over 30 years of experience, Sierra-Cedar’s Change Management consultants work with organizations to design a Change Management plan that helps your organization understand and navigate the phases of change by balancing project goals with managing challenges at the individual level.
In the dynamic world of IT and IT services, we offer a refreshing alternative from the “all or nothing” Application Management Services (AMS) support approach packaged by many service providers. Our approach delivers deep technology, application, and industry expertise enabled by smarter methodology and governance processes.
This flexible, best in class and economically sound service can act as a supplement to our Application Hosting service.
Through hosting with Sierra-Cedar, you will enjoy the economic and service level advantages of using a managed services expert versus the need to independently hire resources, procure and configure hardware and administer dedicated environments internally. You can remain focused on activities that extend your business mission versus administering applications.
Sierra-Cedar University offers a fast-paced, implementation-focused education program for Oracle BI/EPM customers. Our ability to bring this unique value to the marketplace is grounded by three key differentiators:
- Experienced Faculty – Our faculty and trainers possess depth and breadth of knowledge that is unmatched amongst other Oracle BI and Oracle Hyperion training organizations and extensive experience in deployments, data warehouse architecture, or data integration which spans many business sectors. Students have access to real-world examples and implementation insights, rather than a pre-produced training program delivered by instructors who lack practical experienc
- Relevant Curriculum – Our courses have been designed after hundreds of Oracle BI and Oracle Hyperion EPM implementations across many different industries and verticals. These experiences have been integrated into a real-world curriculum that emphasizes key deployment success factors and best practices. Hands-on student participation is central to each course, giving students the opportunity to practice these lessons and new skills in the classroom environment. Most importantly, students return to the workplace with the tools, insights, and enthusiasm to stretch their Oracle BI/EPM deployments to new limits.
- Methodology – Experienced by hundreds of customers, our methodology for implementing Oracle BI and Oracle EPM solutions allows for targeted and strategic implementations that are met with success. Our iterative approach to integration and deployment relies heavily on customer education throughout the project’s duration. From server architects to end users, AV University offers targeted courses focused on optimizing the Oracle BI and EPM experience before, during and after the implementation.
Our web-based virtual training, uses the web for delivery but also contains a level of interactivity that makes the participants feel like they are in a true classroom setting. These instructor led courses are the next best thing to having the instructor in the classroom right there with you.
Free Training & Workshops
We host on-going series of roadshows, webinars, and workshops showcasing hands-on training. Our workshop series is hosted in major cities around the US in collaboration with Oracle to present a best-in-class awareness and training session which is often targeted around a specific Oracle BI/EPM offering or vertical solution.
When we began our implementation project, our cycle time for evaluation of our undergraduate applicants was 120 days or more. Our Sierra-Cedar consultants guided us through the decisions we needed to make in terms of business process changes that would take advantage of our new software, and evaluations now take less than 20 days, representing a decrease in cycle time of over 83%!
As we’ve embarked on an ambitious plan to completely re-architect and transform our legacy and core systems, Sierra-Cedar has become a key partner for us. More than just technical experts, Sierra-Cedar is providing thought leadership in helping us move forward in these strategic initiatives. They embody the phrase “trusted advisor.”