Sierra-Cedar AWS architecture specialists worked closely with LMC project leaders to develop and execute LMC’s comprehensive AWS migration plan. It included strategic IT governance, security, connectivity, and ongoing monitoring of LMC’s migrated applications. The project lasted two months from planning through execution.
Key Project Highlights:
- Retired tape library resulting in more than $25k savings per year
- Automated cloud and on-premise system patching processes using AWS System Manager, saving staff 40 hours per month
- Enhanced data security by automating security monitoring of cloud environments using AWS Security Hub
- Re-platformed its Drupal public website using infrastructure-as-code and cloud managed services
- Increased flexibility to respond to Covid-19 challenges
- Ability to scale support footprint up or down quickly by provisioning future requests for resources in AWS