How We Can Help
AWS Cloud Foundation Readiness Assessment
Cloud Foundation Readiness Assessment
We help your organization navigate through the breadth of AWS offerings and choose the services for current and future business needs. We then propose a clear path for a fast, secure, and cost-effective deployment to the cloud.
- Business vision and strategy
- Cloud total cost of ownership (TCO) assessment
- AWS education and awareness
- Security, risk, and compliance awareness
- Application discovery
- Define interfaces in/out
- TCO detail review
- Evaluate security
- Application cloud fit assessment
- Re-host with infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Re-purchase with software as a service (SaaS)
- Re-implement with platform as a service (PaaS)
- Re-architect combining IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
AWS Cloud Foundation Design
We help your organization establish an initial cloud infrastructure, including network, security, account setup, and identity management utilizing AWS recommended best practices.
- Define required AWS services
- Build a transition plan and set timelines
- Plan for global and high availability
- Plan for expandable capacity
- Plan for horizontal & vertical scaling
- Plan for databases requirements
- Design for no single point of failure
- Plan to optimize costs
Proof of Concept
We will work with your team to conduct a cloud migration proof-of-concept exercise for a focused set of business requirements.
Cloud Migration Services
An AWS cloud migration can provide the agility, scalability, security, reliability, and operational efficiency well beyond that of a traditional data center.
Sierra-Cedar delivers a seamless migration by analyzing your organization’s current architecture, charting the best processes for faster transformation, confirming that all system dependencies and data interfaces are aligned, and making sure that the cloud infrastructure can support your organization’s business objectives after the transformation.
Data & Analytics
Cloud Managed Services
We provide best-in-class commercial service-level agreements and a host of other benefits, including:
- Less downtime for patching
- 99.96% application availability service levels
- Fewer and shorter maintenance windows
- 24/7 Cloud Services Help Desk
- Continuous automation, governance, utilization, and optimization
FlexOps Platform Services
Sierra-Cedar’s proprietary tool, FlexOps, is a service platform developed and used by Sierra-Cedar Managed Services to build, monitor, patch, and manage applications and infrastructure in AWS at a competitive price point. FlexOps is used to design and automate the building of custom and prepackaged applications.
An Advanced Tool
FlexOps offers advantages in speed and cost of implementation and ongoing management:
- Providing a simple intuitive dashboard with simple, one-click, guided deployments
- Replacing manually designed architecture with intelligent, robust, and responsive best-practices in security, governance, availability, performance, and operational efficiency
- Supporting a growing list of new prepackaged infrastructures
Your organization may be using several applications for finance, human resources, payroll, and other business functions. Deploying applications in the cloud promotes cost benefits and enhances scalability and flexibility.
We offer a bundled, fully managed service, leveraging our proprietary FlexOps platform, to build, monitor, patch, support, and administer your most important applications using the AWS public cloud infrastructure.
Migration to AWS with Sierra-Cedar has several advantages, including:
- No lock-in
- Flexibility to use your AWS account or ours
- Transition in three to six months
- Best-in-class service-level agreements
- Secure platform
- Active configurations
We provide end-to-end services and solutions for many applications, including:
- PeopleSoft on AWS
- eBusiness Suite on AWS
- Oracle BI on AWS
- Hyperion on AWS
- Disaster Recovery as a Service
- WordPress on AWS
Finding the Value of PeopleSoft on AWS
Arizona State University
Sierra-Cedar Successfully Migrates Arizona State University’s PeopleSoft Applications to the AWS Public Cloud
For five consecutive years, Arizona State University has been ranked #1 in the U.S. for innovation by U.S. News & World Report. ASU’s University Technology Office (UTO) supports this innovation with its commitment to true, human-centered technological initiatives. A component of the UTO’s top ten goals for 2020 was to complete the migration of its PeopleSoft applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS) as part of its Cloud objectives. ASU engaged Sierra-Cedar to complete its migration of PeopleSoft and supporting applications to the AWS Cloud and to provide post-transition managed services support within AWS.
Key Project Highlights:
- Migrated PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Human Capital Management applications to AWS in less than seventy hours.
- Accomplished and sustained a high level of performance one day after go-live as ASU entered a busy enrollment and usage period.
- Facilitated the build and ongoing management of ASU’s PeopleSoft applications in AWS using Sierra-Cedar’s FlexOps automation and orchestration platform.
- ASU projects a reduction in its managed services spend by 20 percent per year over the next three years.
DOTComm Reduces Cost and Gains Flexibility through Amazon Web Services
Sierra-Cedar and DOTComm worked together to architect and deploy the infrastructure to host Hyperion in AWS. Three AWS services were deployed. Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) was also deployed to segregate its network with a site-to-site virtual private network.
Key Project Highlights:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as the compute layer for the Hyperion metadata store
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) for application binary storage
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for secure, durable, and highly scalable object storage
Ramsey County Minimizes Risk and Meets Regulatory Compliance Requirements with Amazon Web Services Solution
With the help of Sierra-Cedar, Ramsey County was able to realize the benefits of the cloud and create a highly available application architecture for components of this critical application. Ramsey County now has the capability and agility to leverage AWS for other critical applications as part of its cloud strategy and continues using Sierra-Cedar as its fully hosted cloud provider.
Key Project Highlights:
- Met compliance requirement
- 24×7 availability with zero downtime
- Automatically scales for peak workloads
- End-to-End encryption in transit
- Automated deployment stack
- Zero downtime for operating system patching
Sierra-Cedar Obtains a High-Availability Environment by Deploying PeopleSoft Application in the AWS Cloud
Sierra-Cedar has successfully created a cost-effective, scalable architecture for its PeopleSoft environments. It now has the capability and agility to select EC2 instances to meet current demands, change instance types when workloads exceed demand, manage performance by automatically scaling server resources in/out, and manage costs by running non-production instances only when required by the business.
Key Project Highlights:
- Formation of dedicated operations and product delivery teams
- Rethinking administration and infrastructure designs
- Testing and deploying AWS services not widely used for ERP applications (such as RDS, EFS, Route 53, and ELB)
- Better understanding of the strengths and gaps of the architectures being developed
- Close working relationship developed and enhanced with AWS to address any challenges
- Development of automation designed to reduce the labor burden for administrators
- User experience improvements
- Scalability during peak usage times
- Segmentation and security of the AWS hosted solution
- Operational efficiencies around patching, monitoring, and planned maintenance windows