Last month Sierra-Cedar launched a video program called, On Cloud 9 Conversations. The broadcast is meant to give a candid view into the Cloud journey of a Sierra-Cedar customer by having the client respond to nine interview questions.
The featured client in our debut episode of On Cloud 9 Conversations is Susan Willis, CFO of Wichita Public Schools (WPS), who is responsible for the financial management of 94 schools and nearly 10,000 employees. WPS began its project to implement Oracle Cloud Financials, Projects, Grants and Procurement a couple months before COVID hit (January 2020). Through dedication and perseverance, the district went live in March 2021. Ms. Willis provides a straightforward account of the highs and lows of the project, lessons learned, as well as her favorite feature of Oracle Cloud Applications.
Top 5 reasons why you should watch this episode:
- Learn why WPS replaced its Oracle E-Business (EBS) system in favor of Oracle Cloud Applications. It wasn’t because they didn’t like EBS …
- Find out the amount WPS feels it will save in total cost of ownership by moving to Oracle Cloud Applications. It’s way more than six figures!
- Understand why Ms. Willis says, “Document, document, document!”
- Discover what WPS feels is the number one difference between EBS and Oracle Cloud Applications.
- Willis was asked to pick a song that best describes the WPS journey to the cloud. Find out if she picked: “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin, “Highway to Hell” by AC/DC, or “I’m Still Standing” by Elton John
Sierra-Cedar is thrilled to be part of the WPS’s journey to the Cloud and is eager to see how Oracle Cloud Applications continues to transform business operations at WPS.
To learn more about moving your organization to the Cloud, email firstname.lastname@example.org.