Following a 2021 USM CIO’s office audit, Bowie State faced a time-sensitive challenge – by July 1, 2022, Bowie State needed to move off its current Financials system which was no longer supported by Oracle. As a result, Bowie State elected to move to the modern Oracle Financial Cloud application as part of its “Cloud First” initiative. This approach freed Bowie State from the need to continue maintaining its legacy PeopleSoft infrastructure.
Key Project Highlights
- Improved and automated Purchase Order workflow
- Streamlined Workflow email approval
- Improved financial controls
- Enhanced reporting with the ability of end users to easily create reports
- Increased transparency of financial processes and integrations